Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Taking a Peak into Their Hearts

I was driving home the other day with all my squirls in the car plus one extra. My older ones were having a friend stay the night. They were rocking out as we drove down the road, when on came a song that I love. In the past, I had told the girls that this song was my song to daddy. Of course I turned it up a little more and joined in on their jam session.

From the back seat I heard S say to her friend, " This is my mom's song to my dad. She absolutely adores him."

I almost teared up. I do absolutely adore him. I want them to know that and be sure of it to their very core.

Our marriage is not perfect. We are not perfect. But, we do want to show unconditional love, God's love, to our girls. What better way to show that than in our own relationship.

It is in these moments, like the car, that God lets me get a peak into their hearts.


Wow! I have been soaring ever since!

1 comment:

  1. That is such a sweet story! Thanks for sharing it. I love to hear about people who have great marriages. Like you said we are not perfect, but man I adore my guy too!

    ReplyDelete