Saturday, January 23, 2010

What am I doing?

What am I doing?


When I am not cleaning up, I am...


...watching you show off. "Mom watch this!" is said more times than a person can count, but I love it because it makes you smile from ear to ear.


When I am not teaching, I am...
...making you giggle. Your laugh makes me laugh.
When I am not cooking, I am...

...playing with you. Watching you grow is my favorite pass time.

When I am not going in ninety different directions, I am...
...slowing down to watch all the creative things you come up with. I stand amazed at how you can turn trash into treasure.


When I am not rushing out the door, I am ...
...cracking up laughing at the funny things you say. You keep our sides hurting. You are filled with so much joy.



When I am not thinking "I can't wait till one of you is old enough to do _?__", I am...
...realizing how fast time flies. I look at you and am amazed how we got here so fast. Your tenderness and grace remind me to be a better person.
What am I doing? Slowing down to take it all in before it's gone!





1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post. I, too, am trying to do the very same thing. They really do grow way too fast!

    ReplyDelete