Friday, October 16, 2009

The Flu of '09

We made it through! We started off our week with the flu. Monday morning #1 was the first to feel ill. By Tuesday, there were 3 more (#'s 2,4,6). On Wednesday #5 followed their lead. That only left one, #3. She has shown no signs and is going strong, maybe she's been spared.

But, if I end the story here, you'd miss all the details, like:

Why is it that letting three little ones make a pallet in your room one night translates to them that this is the new norm and they should expect to do this forever?

I have been to Walgreen's four times in four days. Confession: I did go with a Tylenol stain down the front of my shirt and was wearing my slippers. I'll admit there were a few looks.

Our new washer came on Wednesday. It came just in time. Every blanket, pillow case, and towel needed to be sanitized. #5 was so disappointed that it was not pink. In her world everything has to be pink.

Through a friend who is a PA ( and she has a great blog at http://mommysondra.blogspot.com/) I found out about Sambucol. It is a natural immune builder. You can get it at Walgreen's near the Zicam and Airborn. The kids like the taste of it. I started them all on this immediately and I think it shortened their illness.

I had a chance to practice relaxing this week. No, not the kind where you curl up with a good book. It's the kind where I choose no to stress if life is not going as "smoothly" as it normally does. I had fun playing Uno with my older girls and cuddling with my little ones.

Most of all, I have been amazed by daughter #3 this week. This is a girl that loves life. She can be very distracted at times. For the last year Scott and I have been trying to mold her character to slowdown and think of others needs. There have been moments we wondered if we were getting through. This week God showed us how her heart is turned towards others. She showed great maturity this week as she helped mommy care for everyone. To see how God has used this week in her life makes all the hard work well worth it.


Now everyone is well. No one has ran a fever in over 24 hrs. Yea! The sun has returned to our state. Yea, again! The OU/Texas game is on Saturday. Yea, Yea, and Yea! Normalcy is Back!

No comments:

Post a Comment