Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday Character

For a weekly school assignment, the girls have been writing and memorizing a character quality. They must memorize it, quote it, and be able to give a life application for each quality. This has been life changing for them and for me. I would like to start posting one each Friday so that you too can enjoy.

These quality definitions have been taken from http://www.duggarfamily.com/characterqualities.html



Today's Character Quality:


ALERTNESS
VS. UNAWARENESS
Being aware of that which is taking place around me,
so that I can have the right response
Mark 14:38
Life application: If I am looking for opportunities to help others, God will put this in my path and I will be able to show others Christ's love. Example: We went out to dinner and were sitting at a table near the door. My daughter saw that an elderly couple, one of which was in a wheel chair, were walking up to the door. She jumped up and held the door open. The rest of the table had been rapped up in our conversation, but she had been praying for God to give her an awareness of others needs.
In what way can you apply this to your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment