Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Another Thursday, another chance to stop and smell the roses. Time to take a moment and let my heart pour out praise for the Lord's blessing this last week.

- Answers to prayers. Some I have been lifting up for a while and others just recently, but God heard them all and works in miraculous ways.


- Wonderful weather that allows little girls to use up lots of energy and go to bed so much easier.


- Time on the back porch last night with my boyfriend. What an amazing man! I love moments like that. They are not brought together with a babysitter and dinner out (not that I don't love that too), but when we can get a romantic moment in the middle of life, it is priceless.


- Painting 10 dozen eggs with the girls and the cousins. Messy? Yes, but SO much fun.


- Sticking our feet in the pool for the first time this season. The water is still very cold, but getting our feet wet yesterday made us all want summer to hurry up and be here.


- Family getting together this weekend to celebrate Jesus' resurrection.


- Borrowed Scott's bible this morning for my quiet time, not sure where mine was moved to. But, God had a message for me there. As I was reading, I notice on the side of the page where Scott had written some notes. The note said: Failure is an opinion, not an event. How encouraging! We all struggle with feeling that we are failing. Sometimes it changes from minute to minute. These words remind me to keep going forward.


- So many other parts of spring that I could list. From flowers blooming to park play dates, the list is never ending.



What are you thankful for today? Remember to take time in the next few days and thank Him for the greatest gift ever given.

1 comment:

  1. First off I love that you called Scott your boyfriend! You guys are so cute! Second, I needed to hear that Failure is an opinion, not an event. Perfect timing for that my friend! Oh and I wish I would have had a pool to put my feet in yesterday too. It was hot!

    ReplyDelete