Thursday, May 28, 2009

How Quiet Was It?

How quiet was it before Eve?

That is the question I asked Scott last night. Poor guy came home last night to 6 little girls who had not reached their word quota for the day. This lasted all evening. So I had to ask him how quiet he thought it was at the beginning of time. Of course, he just laughed. He said that maybe Adam was so caught up with the idea of being" fruitful and multiplying", that he did not understand what was about to happen. Most of the time it will be just one of them feeling talkative, but not last night. Even A and P, whose language has yet to be understood, were talking nonstop. Don't get me wrong, we love to listen to their sweet voices. They crack us up all the time. But, when all 6 get chatty on the same night, well, that is something to blog about. Now I know why he likes golf so much. Yes, it is because he is athletic and likes competition but I think there's a bigger reason. QUIET! Everyone knows you can't talk on a golf course. It's just you and nature. Kind of like Adam had it, before he lost a rib.

I'm so proud of him. God knew what He was doing when he gave us 6 girls. No one could handle them better than Scott. Nothing rattles him, even last night. I hope his day is filled with peace and quiet, because his ears need a rest.

1 comment:

  1. That's really sweet! :-) Even with just four girls (and boys can sure talk, too!) it's a bit noisy most nights when the Coach comes home. But I'm afraid I'm usually the one that hasn't used up all of my word quota!

    ReplyDelete