Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Day One

It's official, our #6 is potty training. This was day one, and we missed the potty every time. Oh, well. I can't believe how many times I've gone through this same process. This time around I have my older girls eager to help. Even our 4yr old loves to cheer her on. With #'s 5 & 6 being a year apart it seems like I just did this, because I did. I have heard that potty training at this age is more "mommy training" than potty training, but I think she is ready. Sure it is lots of work, but it comes with some positives. Such as:
-freedom (no more carrying a diaper bag, now I can carry a nice summer purse)

-cute little bare bum running around the house (it doesn't matter here, there's nothing but girls)

-no more stinky trash, just flush and the smell is gone

-20$ a mo. off our grocery bill

All this shows me that our littlest is growing up, but that's ok with me. It's rare that I get sad about a new stage. It may catch up with me one day. I just love watching them grow and mature. Each year brings a new side of their personality. So for now, pray for me as our pt adventure begins. I'm sure it will come with many funny stories.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my. Potty training is one of my very least favorite things! Hope it's going well! Then, again, I've done it seven times - and it hasn't killed me, yet! :-)

    ReplyDelete