Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What Will You Do Without Freedom?

This morning I drove my older girls to a nearby neighborhood to babysit for Meme's Bible study. It is a gated community, so as I approached the gate the guard stepped out. I simply told him I was there to drop off the girls for a Bible study. He smiled and opened the gate, but as I drove away it hit me. What a privelege it is to live in a country where I can openly say I am headed to a Bible study.



I live in a country where I can have 6 kids or more if I wish to let the Lord bless me.



I live in a country where I can homeschool my children. I can choose what is put in their hearts and minds.



I live in a country where Scott and his family can run a small business.



I live in a country where I can go to church with out fear.



I live in a country where I can write about God and how He has changed my life.



These are all freedoms that I hold dear. But, when I think of what I would do without my freedoms, I can not sit back and watch as they are threatened. I am not an activist. I was not even politically minded till recent years. I am "awake" now. Maybe it is my age,or maybe it is a sign of the times, I think it is a mixture of both.

I wrote a post in June ( http://squirlygirls.blogspot.com/2009/06/throw-off-your-complacency.html) encouraging all readers to become more educated. I hope you all have done so. If not, begin now before you loose what you hold dear.

Lets stand up and let our voices heard. If you are in Oklahoma, please join me and others on 9/13 at 3pm on the steps of the State Capitol.

Before then, I would encourage you to watch Glenn Beck this week and learn what/who is threatening your freedom.

You can live without freedom. Many in other countries do. But, what will you say to your children and grandchildren years from now to explain why you did nothing as this great way of life was taken away piece by piece? Everyday between now and that day, you will have to answer for. So, wake up and act now.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome post, I am going to link to it from my blog.
    PS: Thank you so much for allowing the girls to help us out with childcare and a HUGE thanks for going to get Mercedes.
    So many women are being blessed through the study that would not be there if we did not offer childcare. You and your girls are being used by God to get them and their families into heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true! I feel the same way. I used to not be "in the know" but now that I married Justin and listen to the shows (including Glenn Beck)that he watches I have become more active in my own opinions. Thanks for sharing your blog link with me!

    ReplyDelete