Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

So much has been going on here. Seems like there has hardly been time to stop and chill. I guess it's no different than any other house out there. I've spent the last week cooking and taking food from one relatives' house to the next. We've spent the last month almost consumed by play practices for the church Christmas play coming up. Busy, Busy, Busy! Now basketball practices and games are starting. But, it is all worth it. Seeing how much the girls enjoy their activities and the friends they are making, makes it OK that life is busy.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I hope you did too. Ours was somewhat a "redneck" thanksgiving. We took our guns out to Scott's aunt's farm and shot skeet. It was so much fun. My aim wasn't bad. I told Scott that I thought I could defend myself if someone broke in just as long as the bad guy stood really still for about 5 min. while I got my aim just right:) Oh well, maybe I'll rely on the dog and house alarm instead.

It was so nice to take 3 days off school last week, but very hard to get back to the routine this week. Remember how I wrote a while back about my little ones spending one night in our room while they were sick and thinking that was the new way we would do things? Well, my older girls can be that way with school too. I guess we are all like that. The lighter load is much more preferable. But, tomorrow is Wednesday and we should be back into full swing by then.

There have been so many "training opportunities" around here for our kiddos lately that blogging has had to move to the back burner. This is the stage of life we are at. They are our eternal work so I must put them first. It seems that in our house their are highs and lows. There are moments of peace and love, and then there are moments of training and love. We are definitely in a training phase. I don't dread these times because this is when I can really see their hearts. So, if I don't blog for a while it is just because I am busy trying to mold 6 little hearts so that they will follow Him.

1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with you. Sounds like life! :-) It's the good stuff, though, you know? Enjoy it this week!

    ReplyDelete