Thursday, December 17, 2009

A Proud Moment

A little over eight years ago, an adorable little girl came into our lives. We didn't know she was a girl before she arrived, but when she showed up with chubby cheeks and all that hair we were ready to apply all things pink to her. Since we had kept her a mystery for the last nine months we decided that daddy would be the one to introduce her to the world. He stepped out into the hall with her in his arms and announced to our family that little Macy was here.

Last night, again daddy wrapped his arms around her, baptised her, and announced to the church that Macy was the newest member of this family of believers. Tears were falling as I watched and thought of the similarities. Our little gift from God was now choosing to be used by Him in every way. I can not think of a more proud moment.

A while back God gave me this verse. It is my prayer for the girls.

Eph. 3:14-19 "For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, my have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Macy! That is a proud moment and one that she will remember the rest of her life (and yours too!) I can't wait to hear of the blessings the Lord bestows on each of your girls' lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this gave me chills! I am so excited to see what God will do with your family! I wish we would have been at church to see her baptized.

    ReplyDelete