Wednesday, September 16, 2009

He's the One

I love the fall. When the cold weather sets in, I get so excited. It puts me in a romantic mood. Why? It was seventeen years ago, in the fall of 1992, that I met the man I had been praying for.

He is my whole world. When Scott has to go away, the girls and I know how to manage. I know how to hold down this fort, but it is like I'm doing it with less oxygen. That is the best way I can describe it. When he returns, our whole world is right again.

So how did it all begin? Scott and I met in the ninth grade. Neither of us remember that exact moment, but it wasn't long before we were best friends. We spent the next four years talking every night on the phone and spending our days together in class, never choosing to date. From the beginning if I missed one day of talking to him, the world seemed off. I'm not sure how I didn't see sooner that he's the one.

He is "the one"
.... that makes me laugh. No one is as funny as he is.
.... who I still love holding hands with.
.... with so much wisdom. God has given him girls, but nothing gets over on him.
.... that makes all my dreams come true. All my dreams revolve around us.

I can remember praying for "the one" when I was younger. I prayed for a David that would walk with the Lord. I prayed for a Daniel that would be obedient even if it meant facing giants. I prayed for a Noah that would follow any of God's requests. I prayed for a Paul that understood "the walk" in a deep way. He is all of these.

So when at the young age of 18 he asked me to marry him, I knew he was the one. It took about 5min after the wedding for us to have our first girl. I am pretty sure it was about 5 min between each of the other girls. Time has flown by and now we are coming up on our 14th anniversary.
Our marriage has been like climbing up a mountain. It's a hard climb, but the view is beautiful the whole time. I love this journey we are on. It can be hard sometimes and a blast other times, but it is never boring. I know I can go anywhere as long as he is right there with me.

He is the one forever!

1 comment:

  1. What a neat story! You guys should totally go on the "hot seat" in FLOCK ;)

    ReplyDelete