Thursday, September 24, 2009

Indoctrinating Kids

Lyrics: Songs About President Obama - Political News - FOXNews.com

Posted using ShareThis



Have you seen this? It seems like I am hearing more and more about American children being taught the wrong message in school. Sure I knew they were not opening the Bible in class each day, but I was naive enough to think that they were not being indoctrinated. Foolish me! I have said before how I used to pay little attention to the news and what Washington was doing, but that has all changed. Why? I realized things were going on around me that were going to rob my children and grandchildren from some of the freedoms that I hold so dear. I am now "awake" and listening. I am searching out truths in order to protect their future. Next, I am indoctrinating my children. You heard me right. I am indoctrinating them with The Doctrine. My goal is to fill them with so much truth, that they will be able to easily see a lie when it is presented. Not my truth, but His, our heavenly Father. I want them to make scripture their measuring tool. If the facts do not measure up to what scripture says, than it is not truth. I hope that a fire is being stirred up in the hearts of all believers to prepare our children to carry God's word to the next generation. Will there be a Daniel? Will there be a David Livingston? Will there be a Dwight L. Moody? The phrase that changed DL Moody's life was "The world has yet to see what God can do with one man wholly dedicated to Him." Wonder what God could do with six little girls? What could God do with a stay-at-home mom? Great and mighty things, I know for sure! At the end of Mr. Moody's life he said this, "I do not know anything America needs more today than men and women on fire with the Fire of Heaven. Not great men, but true, honest persons, God can use!" He spoke these word over 100 years ago, and how true they still are today. Want to know what will change the future? Our children will. Will we raise men and women on fire for God, or we will let others raise them to worship and praise mere men?

2 comments: