Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My Week

My week in a nutshell...



Monday - Home school outing. Had many pep talks with #4 before leaving the house in order to encourage good behavior. It worked, kind of. The outing went well, but lunch with dad after was asking to much. She and #'s 5 &6 had been quiet long enough. I feel like I should say sorry to those in the restaurant. Hopefully they have kids and where understanding. I tried my best, even to the point of letting #6 eat butter with her spoon. Butter is a food group, right? Just ask Paula Deen.



Tuesday - #6 wakes up cross. This had building for 2 days, so I figured it was an ear infection. I packed up the youngest three and headed to the drs. As I am sitting in the room waiting for the dr, the "jr dr" comes in to check little PJ. After telling him of all her symptoms, he precedes to tell me, w/o even looking at her ears, that it didn't sound like she was sick and I was overreacting. Why do some drs question moms? Our real pediatrician came in, examined her and found a double ear infection.



Wednesday - Out the door early to get older 2 to bible study. Came back home and started school with #3. I heard a noise in the kitchen, so went to check it out. I found PJ completely naked grabbing cereal out of the cereal box. To do this she had to first push a heavy chair over to reach the box. Nothing stands in her way. A couple hours later she was practicing for her future career as a sky diver. She jump from the top of the chair and hit the tile. She has a nice bump on her head. Now she has a headache and an earache.



This is only the first three days of this week. I'll leave out the everyday demands of cleaning, laundry, dishes, cooking, and bathing little ones. On weeks like this there is only one thing to do, focus on all the blessings around you. So here is my Thankful Thursday list:

1) I am thankful for God and how He hears me cry out during those demanding days. He is the source of my peace, and the One who puts a song in my heart.

2) My awesome hubby. I am thankful that he took the girls to the park the other night and gave me a whole hour of peace. He is so helpful, and always knows just when to step in. He is my best friend and I love every minute with him.

3) My girls and how helpful they are. I love my time with them. I enjoy talking with my older girls and just chilling with them on the couch. Those little ones keep me laughing. I can't even plan for what comes next with them.

4) My mother-in-law and my mom. They are so helpful to me. They sacrifice their own time, to help me accomplish daily activities. Their thoughtfulness can not be measured.

5) My other best friends...my mom and sisters. I love how close we are. I love how we laugh at each others jokes and finish each others stories. I wish we had more time together, but for now I'll take the brief phone calls and occasional lunches.

There is so much more I could say thank you for, but that's it for now. So no matter what the next few days bring, I'm ready for it. I hope you are having a good week, but if yours has been a little crazy like mine, take a minute and count your blessings. You'll find your smile again.

No comments:

Post a Comment