Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Pretty Pink Boots


These adorable pink boots have been with us since the beginning.
Each girl has had her turn to walk through life in these. But daughter #6 has loved them the most. She doesn't see the scuffs. She doesn't even care if they match her outfit. She wears them each day as if they were bought specifically for her. Occasionally, she even sleeps in them. Now that is love.
I once read that the meaning of contentment is: Realizing that God has provided everything I need for my present happiness.
If we were all as content as little Piper is, we would revel in all that God has given us...even the hand-me-downs.

4 comments:

  1. I don't blame her, those are cute boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like every time I am around Piper I learn something that draws me into a closer walk with Jesus. From the moment she was born and she looked at me with those eyes that said "you know I am hurting and can't tell you what it is but my heavenly Father will tell you"...and He did. To Sunday when she was so tired but woke up just to be with me for a little while because she loves me. I love you little PJ, and I love those pink boots too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather~we have those same boots! And the same story! Each girl has worn them, except Olivia~she's next. I think ours look even worse b/c the dog got a hold of them...but I'm not throwing them out!

    ReplyDelete