Saturday, June 20, 2009

From VBS to HFD

VBS has come to an end. It was an amazing week. So many heard the truth (close to 1200 one day), so many received. In my class there were 14-15 each day. They learned songs, 6 bible verses for the whole week, and soaked up the stories each day. I could not believe how quickly the kids memorized the verses and remembered them everyday. I was able to work along side great girls and had a wonderful group of kiddos. All grades together raised around 8,000$ for missions. It was a week with His fingerprints all over it. I loved all of it and can't wait till next year.

I would encourage anyone out there to let their little ones attend a VBS this summer. It is like fertilizing their little souls. Sure maybe you go to church each Sunday, and seeds are planted in your child's heart. But, their week at VBS will feed their souls with truths that will help His word go deep into their hearts. Yes, it may interrupt your routine. And it may come with earlier mornings (especially for summer), but GO. Let me say that again, GO! Their hearts are worth any sacrifice you will ever have to make. And after the week is over and the spark is lit in their heart, keep the fire going. Take time to read to them from His word. Make VBS something you set aside time for each summer. I know I will.

On another note, tomorrow is Father's Day, and I have to say Happy F'sD to my honey. He is the most amazing at all he does, but seeing him with the squirls is one of my faves. He is patient, gentle, loving, full of wisdom, and sooo much fun. I could go on forever telling you story after story about how great he is, but instead I'll log off and go enjoy some time with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment