Friday, June 12, 2009

Roughing It

You never know what the morning will bring. After a great party for my nephew last night, we woke up to a crazy morning. It was late last night, and since I am not a night person, I decided to save the cleaning to this morning. Little did I know that was not going to work. Early this morning our neighbor came to the door to tell us a water main out front had busted and was poring down the street. So now, we are "roughing it".
Of all mornings! Dishes overflowing out of the sink (smelling of last nights onions). Found where the dog was sick in the middle of the night. Five girls to keep from flushing. Rationing of drinking water. God is still here, God is GOOD!
My sister-in-law had no idea that the party gift from last night (6 sports bottles for each girl) would bless us so much. The bottles have been filled and will hopefully last till the water is back on.
Speaking of my s-i-l, you must visit her blog today. She has the best post ever! Ok, maybe since it is all about my squirls, I might be a little partial. None the less, go over and see her at http://embreehogan.blogspot.com/ .
Happy Friday all you people out there with water!

3 comments:

  1. So sorry about the dish pile up but we did have a blast at the party. I really and truly do love those squirls of yours and everything I said was true. Again thanks so much for graciously hosting h's party at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your water wasn't out too long. But what a blessing to have those water bottles on hand! Yes, God is good!

    ReplyDelete