Saturday, June 27, 2009

Now and Then

After M.J. death the other day, one of my girls asked me who he was. I was not the biggest MJ fan, but his music definitely takes me back to when I was a kid. This got me thinking of how many things my kids know nothing about. Things that are very much a part of my childhood. It seems like just yesterday that my grandma was sitting on the couch drinking a Tab. You know, the soda. Here a few more that ran through my memory. See if this doesn't take you back.





Atari


Records
(mom would turn on the record player--beach boys-- and we would rock out while cleaning house.....confession....I still do this with my girls)


guess jeans

bangs that stand straight up

rabbit ears on tvs

TG&Y

tv shows like Alf, Punky Brewster, and basically all life before reality tv

Pay Phones-- if you needed to call someone from your car, you pulled up to a pay phone, and it only cost you a quarter

Then I started thinking what list my girls might make some day. What will their children find in antique shops? It might look something like this:


vcr

video games from this era

computers from now

film for cameras


tapes and cds (you know everything will be digital then)


Ah, memories. Does this fill you with thoughts of your childhood? If so, I would love to hear what you remember. Nothing better than taking a walk down memory lane.

Since I seem to be unable to make a post with out a pic added to it, I am ending this post with this. I found these hair bows at Walgreens. They were 3 for 9$. You can find these on the Internet, but then you have to pay shipping. Just thought some of you might like this.



No comments:

Post a Comment