Monday, June 8, 2009

Plan for the Summer

Summer is here. That means more time with the kids. Schedules are out the window. If you're like me the question "Can we go..." is being asked constantly. And if you're like me, you can find all this fun/chaos a little overwhelming. As I sat alone with the Lord this morning, I found myself asking Him the question I have asked Him since I had our first.

"Lord, How am I going to get it all done. You know I love a schedule. I love the school year because it comes with set hours. It's not that I don't enjoy the summer, it's the plan that I miss."

I sat there poring my heart out to Him. That is when He reminded me of a few things:
-This was not the first time I have felt this way. Motherhood comes with caos.
-Next, my calling is not to keep the laundry done, house clean, closets organized, or blog written. My calling is to walk along side these girls. Train them and mold them into Godly women. I don't need a schedule to do this. What greater time to do this than summer?! Our time is more relaxed and free.

So, even though the schedule is gone, laundry is 1/2 done, toys are out, and blogging is on the back burner, it's going to be a great summer. I could raise girls who know how to keep a clean house, or girls who are close the Lord (and close to me because of our time together). I am going to pray for many opportunities this summer to plant truth in their hearts.

Now I can't wait to see what He has in store for this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment