Monday, June 15, 2009

VBS


This was day one of VBS. We had over 800 children attend. What an awesome time we had! I am working with the 4yr old (C's class) while the girls each go with their age group. It was through VBS last year that we were introduced to HHBC. We love our church home, because it really is like home to us.
For the first day, all went well. All my girls were picked up and came to my room to help me dismiss my class. At the end of class, the director came by to see how many kids were left in my class to be picked up. She looked around and said "Wow, still so many kids in here to be picked up!" That's when I had to explain, "No, these six are all mine." People's expressions when I say that is so funny.
I'll write again on Friday and update you on how this crazy week has gone. I'll let you know how much money was raised for missions and (hopefully) how many little hearts answer the Father's call. Please be in prayer that their hearts would soak up the message.

1 comment:

  1. They look so cute together and you got to play matchy matchy which I know you love. I don't know how it went but if the other kids are like yours they learned God's word because several have come to me with Bible verses they learned and I have been drilled extensively on Australia facts. Anyway I hope you all had fun. Ours is next week so be in prayer for us.

    ReplyDelete